GlobalSign’s Predictions for 2019:
Some advice from Leading Industry Experts
GlobalSign is an identity services company that enables businesses, large enterprises, cloud-based service providers and IoT innovators around the world to conduct secure online communications, manage millions of verified digital identities and automate authentication and encryption. They are a trusted resource when it comes to security online.
With all of the various security breeches at sites like Facebook, Google+ and several large retailers and restaurants as well, Amy Krigman of GlobalSign collected some of their key players’ predictions – and thankfully, they are leaning towards a more secure future.
Some interesting highlights for us from the experts at GlobalSign were:
- Adoption of digital signatures will soar, predicts Lila Kee, General Manager and Chief Product Officer.
- The world will follow the EU’s footsteps to combat online fraud, predicts Arvid Vermote, Chief Information Security Officer.
- Email will continue to be an easy target for phishers, predicts John Murray, Vice President of Sales – West.
- IaaS providers will drive security best practices, predicts Nisarg Desai, Director of Product Management, IoT Solutions.
- Most companies will start to come to grips with GDPR, predicts Richard Hancock, GMO Group Manager for Data Protection and Privacy – West. To read more about GDPR click here.
Krigman ends by saying, “In 2019, security spending will increase by around 10% as a result from GDPR privacy concerns, as well as requirements around application security and identity access management.”
These are some interesting predictions. We sure are looking forward to seeing how they pan out in 2019.
To read the full blog click here.